Federal or Any Government Funding for Substance Abuse Programs
Through federal or any government funding for substance abuse programs, you can get the help that you need to overcome your substance use disorder as well as manage any other co-occurring medical and mental health disorders that you also have.
Affording Addiction Treatment
Addiction treatment and rehabilitation programs tend to be expensive. As such, many people struggling with substance abuse disorders often give up on these programs, thinking that they might not able to afford the cost that they entail.
However, there are several options that can help you cover the cost of your treatment. these include but are not limited to federal or any government funding for substance abuse programs.
Examples of these funding options include:
- Funds from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Grants from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (or SAMHSA)
- Locally and state funded addiction treatment programs
- The Affordable Care Act
These public assistance options can also offer you the financial support and means that you need to get started on the recovery process. Some of them will also provide grants so that you are able to afford care in an addiction treatment facility.
The Cost of Treatment
Even as you seek federal or any government funding for substance abuse programs, it is important to find out how much you can expect to pay while enrolled in a drug and alcohol rehabilitation program. Some of the factors that will determine this cost include but are not limited:
- How long you stay in the recovery program
- The location of the addiction recovery facility
- The number and quality of amenities as well as the level of luxury that will be provided in the substance abuse treatment center, including amenities such as massage and spa treatments, private rooms, and horseback riding
- Whether the health care provider is a hospital program, a government-funded clinic, or a private treatment center
- Whether you are struggling with a dual diagnosis (which involves a combination of addiction with a co-occurring mental health or medical disorder), or if there are any other conditions that would have to be taken care of during your treatment
- Whether you go for inpatient/residential or outpatient addiction treatment
That said, the cost of addiction treatment can range from a couple of hundred dollars to several thousands of dollars. It will all depend on the type of addiction treatment program that you choose.
Getting Federal or Any Government Funding for Substance Abuse Programs
To qualify for federal or any government funding for substance abuse programs, you will have to meet some eligibility requirements. Most of these funds are only provided for people who have a low income or come from impoverished backgrounds. They also target people who have historically been sidelined from the addiction treatment and rehabilitation sector, including the homeless, immigrants, the elderly, and the disabled - among many others.
The important thing to keep in mind is that if you are qualified, federal or any government funding for substance abuse programs can help you check into a high quality recovery program so that you can start working on overcoming your substance abuse and addiction.
If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.
Drug Rehab Centers by State
Select a State:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia