Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Arizona

Like the rest of the United States, Arizona has its own unique drug related problems. However, it seems like opioids, alcohol, and methamphetamines are the most commonly reported substance of abuse in this state.

Addiction in Arizona

The rates of drug related overdose deaths in the state have also been rising over the past few years. It is for this reason that the state government declared the problem and state epidemic. He also created an emergency helpline in Arizona to respond to the rising cases of opioid fatalities being reported in the state.

Additionally, reports from the Department of Health Services show that:

  • The state lost a total of 790 lives in 2016 to an opioid overdose; this was an increase of about 74 percent from the number reported in 2012
  • Heroin related fatalities account for over 54 percent of all opioid related fatalities in the state; this has been going on for about 2 years now
  • Alcohol is among the most commonly substances of abuse in Arizona according to NIDA - the National Institute on Drug Abuse; it is closely followed by methamphetamine

But which are the most common substances of abuse in this state? Consider the following figures with their respective percentages:

  • Other Opioids: 8 percent
  • Methamphetamine: 23 percent
  • Marijuana: 17 percent
  • Heroin and Morphine Heroin: 19 percent
  • Cocaine: 4 percent
  • Alcohol: 27 percent

The drug and alcohol abuse problem in Arizona is so serious that over 18,000 people sought addiction treatment services in this state in 2010 alone. Among these people, 60.8 percent were male while the remaining 39.2 percent were female.

That said, the state had a total of over 212 centers that offer recovery help for people struggling with a substance use disorder. Of these centers, 29 offer help for opioid use disorders while about 53 provide residential or inpatient care for their addicted clients.

Even so, it seems that the number of drug rehab admissions for people struggling with alcoholism has been dropping. However, admissions for drug abuse increased from 15 percent (in 1998) to 27 percent in 2005.

In 2007 also, the state lost a total of 980 lives to a drug related incident. From 2000 to 2007, Arizona has also reported a doubling in the rate of fatalities arising from alcohol abuse. Similarly, marijuana seizures have also been increasing dramatically in the state.

Addiction Treatment in Arizona

But what kind of help is available in Arizona? If you are struggling with a substance use disorder, there are several treatment programs that can help you overcome this disorder. Some of them also provide recovery services if you have a co-occurring medical or mental health disorder over and above your addiction.

While enrolled in one of these programs, you can expect to enjoy the following treatment services:

  • Trauma related counseling
  • Short term treatment
  • Rational emotive behavioral therapy
  • Outpatient substance abuse counseling
  • Long term addiction treatment
  • Inpatient drug rehab
  • Group therapy
  • Dialectical behavior therapy
  • Detoxification
  • Couples and family therapy
  • Brief intervention approach

Getting Help

You can get help from any of the addiction treatment and rehabilitation centers that are available in Arizona. However, you can also do so by calling any of the following hotlines for any other drug related emergency that you may have:

  • Teen Life Line: 602-248-TEEN (8336)
  • Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
  • Substance Use and Disorder Issues: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
  • Steward Health Choice: 1-877-756-4090
  • Police: 911
  • Non-emergencies: 602-262-6151
  • Maricopa County: 1-800-631-1314 or 602-222-9444
  • Arizona Complete Health: 1-866-495-6735
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Arizona cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support