Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Delaware

Research studies consistently show that the rates of drug and alcohol abuse in Delaware are higher than similar rates at the national level. This is a sad outcome especially when you consider that this state has several addiction treatment and rehabilitation facilities - and some of them are either free or affordable.

Addiction in Delaware

In 2010, over 7,800 people were enrolled in addiction treatment and rehabilitation facilities in Delaware. Among these people, 73 percent were male while the remaining 27 percent were male.

Even so, far more people do not receive these treatment services. This is despite the fact that Delaware is considered to be one of the hot zones in terms of the rates of drug and alcohol abuse.

There are many substances of abuse in this state. The most common among these include:

  • Alcohol
  • Cocaine
  • Heroin
  • Marijuana
  • Prescription drugs

Luckily, the state typically ranks lower than the country in terms of substance related fatalities. However, there are still high rates of drug related offenses being reported in Delaware. In 2015, for instance, about 18 percent of the people who were sentenced in the state had committed a drug crime. Of all these drug cases, about 44 percent involved crack cocaine.

Other figures showing the rates of drug and alcohol abuse in the state include:

  • 17 percent of the total number of adults living in Delaware reported that they engaged in binge drinking on a regular basis
  • 6.4 percent of the Delaware population reports that they regularly drink heavily
  • In 2006, the state had a total of 7 drug courts
  • In 2009, people aged from 24 to 54 years accounted for 55 percent of the total number of individuals involved in a drug involved car crash
  • In 2009, the state made a total of 3,804 DWI or DUI arrests; about 314 young people below the age of 18 were arrested the same year for similar infractions
  • In 2010, Delaware's penitentiary system had a total of about 1500 treatment beds for addicted inmates
  • Most drivers who were arrested on a DUI charge had ingested prescription pain relief medications like codeine, Xanax, valium, and Percocet

Addiction Treatment in Delaware

With such high rates of drug and alcohol abuse, it is not surprising that Delaware has several plans to tackle the substance problem affecting its residents. Examples of these plans include the Promoting Optimal Mental Health for Individuals, as well as other programs run by SAMHSA - the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.

Further, the state has several addiction treatment and rehabilitation programs. These programs are designed to offer a wide variety of recovery services that can help you overcome your substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. These services include:

  • Behavioral modification
  • Group therapy
  • Inpatient detoxification
  • Inpatient rehab
  • Long term addiction treatment
  • Motivational interviewing
  • Outpatient hospital programs
  • Short term drug rehab
  • The matrix model
  • Trauma-related counseling
  • Vocational rehabilitation services

Getting Help

If you suspect that you have a drug or alcohol related problem - or you have been abusing these substances more regularly than you should - it might be in your best interests to check into an addiction recovery program in Delaware. You can also contact one of the following hotlines for help with your growing addiction and other related issues:

  • Child Abuse and Neglect: 302-633-2650
  • Delaware State Police: (800) 842-8461
  • Domestic Violence: (302) 762-6110
  • Mental Health Crisis Helpline: (800) 969-4357
  • Rape Crisis: (800) 773-8570
  • Suicide Crisis Intervention: (800) 652-2929
  • Suicide Crisis Intervention: 800-652-2929
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Delaware cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support