Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Georgia

Georgia is one of the best states to live in within the United States. However, it has also been reporting a drug crisis that has reached such high proportions that many of its residents are unable to achieve full recovery. In particular, Georgia has been ranked among the top 11 American states with respect to the total number of drug overdose fatalities reported here involving prescription opioids.

Addiction in Georgia

But what are the most commonly available substances of abuse in this state? Consider the following list:

  • Alcohol
  • Amphetamines
  • Cocaine
  • Heroin
  • Marijuana
  • Prescription drugs

However, these are not the only substances of abuse in this state. This is because Georgia is located in between New York City and Miami - making it ideal for the drug trafficking routes that head to the American East Coast. That said, the state has a total of 67 drug courts in 2009.

Other statistics show the extent of the drug crisis in the state. These include:

  • Georgia saw an increase of 91 percent in the total number of meth lab seizures between 2007 and 2009
  • In 2008 also, 21 percent of the total number of inmates in Georgia had a drug related problem
  • In 2008, over 3,000 juveniles were arrested for marijuana possession
  • In 2008, the federal court system sentenced 26 people for a drug offence; 44 percent of these sentences involved cocaine
  • The DEA reported in 2007 that it made a total of 513 drug arrests in this state
  • The state lost 973 lives to a drug related incident in 2008

Addiction Treatment in Georgia

In 2005, a total of 44890 were enrolled in an addiction treatment and rehabilitation program in Georgia. Of this number, 60.1 percent were male while the remaining 39.9 percent were female.

Between 2006 and 2007 also, however, a total of 212000 of the residents of Georgia required treatment for their substance abuse but did not receive it. This is even though the state had about 277 facilities providing such treatment.

Ongoing substance abuse can cause you to suffer a wide variety of problems. You may lose your job, home, family, finances, health and wellness, and many other things you used to consider important.

Luckily, the state has several measures in place designed to encourage the prevention and treatment of substance use problems among its residents. They include the addiction and recovery act of 2016 as well as efforts by the government to improve access to addiction treatment and rehabilitation.

While enrolled in a drug recovery program in Georgia, you may be able to benefit from the following services:

  • Aftercare
  • Alumni support groups
  • Anger management
  • Behavioral therapies
  • Brief intervention approaches
  • Cognitive behavioral therapy
  • Complementary therapies
  • Contingency management
  • Drug and alcohol detoxification
  • Exercise programs
  • Family therapy
  • Group counseling
  • Individual counseling
  • Inpatient detoxification
  • Inpatient drug rehab
  • Intensive outpatient treatment
  • Long term treatment
  • Motivational interviewing
  • Nutrition education
  • Outpatient addiction treatment
  • Short term alcohol and drug rehab
  • Substance abuse counseling

Getting Help

If you have a substance use disorder or a co-occurring disorder in Georgia, you should seek help from a professional addiction treatment and rehabilitation program. Other resources and hotlines that might prove useful include:

  • Mental Health Crisis: 1-800-715-4225
  • Crisis Text Line Slide: 741-741
  • Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK
  • Veterans: 1-800-273-8255
  • Coalition against Domestic Violence: 1-800-334-2836
  • Crisis Intervention Team: 9-1-1
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Georgia cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support