Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Hawaii

Hawaii is one of the most beautiful locations in the United States. It enjoys beautiful landscapes and a temperate climate. Even so, many people here struggle with addictions to various substances of abuse.

Addiction in Hawaii

Research studies have consistently shown that the state has various negative experiences with drugs and alcohol. In 2016, for instance, the state saw an increase in the rate of drug overdose fatalities of more than 12.8 for each segment of 100,000 residents. The state also lost 191 loves the same year.

Although it has such high rates of overdose deaths, the state is ranked 12 lowest for these modalities across the country. This could be because it continues attracting many of its addicted patients to the various recovery programs that are available in Hawaii.

In 2010, for instance, TEDS - the Treatment Episode Data Set - reported that a total of 6,618 people received drug and alcohol treatment services in the state. Of this number, 65.5 percent were male while the remaining 34.5 percent were female.

But what are the most commonly abused substances in this state? Consider the list below:

  • Adderall
  • Alcohol
  • Amphetamines
  • Cocaine
  • Hashish
  • Heroin
  • Ketamine
  • Lortab
  • Marijuana
  • Meth
  • Methadone
  • Morphine
  • Prescription Drugs
  • Trazodone

In 2007 also, the state lost 142 lives as a direct cause of substance abuse. Other factors relating to the rates of drug abuse in Hawaii include:

- Close to 51 percent of all patients in Hawaii received a prescription for an opioid medication

  • In 2015, over 3,000 Hawaiians aged 12 and above abused heroin
  • In 2016, opioids were responsible for 77 overdose deaths in the state
  • Methamphetamines are responsible for the highest rates of drug related crime in Hawaii
  • Since 2013, there has been an increase in the rate of mortality arising from heroin abuse and overdose

Addiction Treatment in Hawaii

In 2014, the state spent more than 17 million dollars in the provision of addiction treatment and rehabilitation services. Today, Hawaii has several facilities that offer these recovery services - more than 93 of them.

When you check into one of these programs, you will receive most of the following treatment services to help you overcome your substance abuse and addiction:

  • Contingency management
  • Individual psychotherapy
  • Inpatient detoxification
  • Inpatient drug and alcohol rehab
  • Long term drug rehab
  • Motivational incentives
  • Motivational interviewing
  • Outpatient detox
  • Outpatient substance abuse treatment
  • Relapse prevention
  • Short term drug rehab
  • The matrix model
  • Vocational rehabilitation services

These services can help you overcome your substance abuse and addiction. Although they are often costly, they might be the only option available to you if you want to achieve a state of full recovery.

Getting Help

You can get help for your addiction in Hawaii through any addiction treatment program. However, if you have an emergency linked to drugs or alcohol, there are other helplines that you can call in Hawaii, including:

  • Adult Children of Alcoholics: 242-9733
  • Alcohol and Addiction: 242-9733
  • Delphi Health Group: (888)-611-2006
  • Narcotics Anonymous: 242-6404
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Hawaii cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support