Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Iowa

Iowa has seen a reduction in the rates of substance abuse and addiction for several years now. However, this does not necessarily mean that you may escape the grip of addiction if you involve yourself with any of these addictive drugs and alcohol.

Addiction in Iowa

In 2009, a total of 27,843 people enrolled for addiction treatment and rehabilitation services in Iowa. Of these people, 68.6% were male while the remaining 31.4% were female. This goes to show just how widespread the addiction crisis has become in the state.

Among these people, the following were the most commonly reported substances of abuse:

  • Alcohol
  • Cocaine
  • Crack Cocaine
  • Heroin
  • Marijuana
  • Methamphetamines
  • Opioids
  • Prescription Drugs

All these substances cause a wide variety of problems both to the individuals they affect as well as to communities and families across the state. For instance, involving yourself with drugs could rob you of your finances, health and wellness, important professional and personal relationships, and your happiness in the long term.

It could also be the reason why you lost your job, your home, your family, and everything else that you used to consider important in your life. Unless you check into a drug rehab center, in fact, you may just continue losing more in the long run.

Addiction Treatment in Iowa

Today, there are several programs put in place in Iowa to prevent the drug and alcohol abuse crisis from spreading even further. Examples of these programs include:

  • Promotion of addiction treatment
  • Promotion of 2nd chance re-entry programs targeted at drug offenders
  • Intervention programs for young people and teens who are at risk of addiction

The state also has a total of 196 facilities that provide addiction treatment and rehabilitation services. When you check into one of these facilities, you will be able to get the help that you need to overcome your substance abuse and addiction.

These programs offer a wide variety of treatments, such as:

  • Activity therapy
  • Behavior therapy
  • Cognitive therapy
  • Contingency management
  • Detoxification
  • Group therapy
  • Individual psychotherapy
  • Inpatient rehab
  • Intensive outpatient treatment
  • Long term drug and alcohol rehab
  • Motivational incentive
  • Rational emotive behavioral therapy
  • Short term rehab

When you choose any of these treatment modules, you will be provided with highly tailored services. This is because there is no universal kind of treatment that would help everyone who is struggling with a substance abuse and addiction crisis.

Through the individualized services that you will receive, you may be able to learn how to overcome your substance use disorder. These services might also prove useful in managing any co-occurring medical and mental health disorders that you may also have been diagnosed with.

Getting Help

The important thing to keep in mind is that you can overcome your substance abuse and addiction. Iowa has many treatment programs that can make this happen. You can also get help for your addiction and any other drug related emergency crisis in this state by calling any of the following helplines:

  • Alcohol and Drug Helpline: (800) 821-4357
  • Alcohol Hotline: (800) 331-2900
  • Delphi Health Group: (888)-459-5511
  • National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence: (800) 622-2255
  • Poison Control: (800) 222-1222
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Iowa cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support