Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Missouri

Missouri is widely known for a wide variety of things - including but not limited to its urban centers and the expansive Ozark Mountains. However, if you live in this state, there is a high chance that you could start abusing intoxicating substances like drugs and alcohol. This is because many of these substances exist in the state.

Addiction in Missouri

Recent research studies estimate that over half a million of the residents of this state struggle with substance use disorders. Unfortunately, more than 4 percent of this number are between the ages of 12 and 17 showing just how much teens in Missouri abuse drugs.

In 2016, only about 38,170 people enrolled in an addiction treatment program. Of this number, 27 percent were underage while some 47 percent of them had a co-occurring mental health or medical disorder over and above their addiction.

The TEDS - Treatment Episode Data Set - for 2009 also showed that over 48,628 people enrolled for similar addiction treatment services in the state. Of this number, 68.5 percent were men while the remaining 31.5 percent were women.

Some three years before in 2006, the state had a total of 257 programs providing addiction treatment and recovery services. Unfortunately, this number had not changed since 2007. Of these programs, 67 were providing inpatient or residential treatment while only 10 had a department that was specialized in the treatment of opioid use disorders.

Other research studies have shown that the state has been struggling with increasing rates of marijuana and meth abuse for more than 20 years now. Similarly, the rates of addiction treatment admission for a substance use disorder took up 45 percent of all admissions while addictions involving alcohol - either alone or with another drug - took up 55 percent of all admission. This was from 1992 to 2006.

During the same time, stimulants were listed as the 2nd most commonly abused drugs. These substances include methamphetamine, which is now ranked among the most dangerous of all substances of abuse.

Other drugs that are commonly abused in the state include:

  • Alcohol
  • Amphetamine
  • Cocaine
  • Heroin
  • Marijuana
  • Methamphetamine
  • Opiates
  • PCP
  • Tranquilizers

For several years now, Missouri has witnessed a significant decrease in the total number of meth lab seizures. However, these seizures increased from 1,261 in 20007 to about 1,732 by 2009.

In 2007, 730 residents of the state died as a result of a drug related incident. This was a serious incident especially because Missouri lost 1054 lives to motor car accidents and 759 lives to incidents involving firearms.

Addiction Treatment in Missouri

The state has some projects in place to prevent the substance abuse crisis from spreading. Examples of these projects include:

  • The School Based Prevention, Intervention and Resources Initiative (SPIRIT)
  • The Partners in Prevention Project
  • The Missouri Strategic Plan for Prevention
  • The Missouri Overdose Rescue and Education Project
  • Needle exchange programs

Additionally, the state has several programs that provide addiction treatment and rehabilitation services. These services include but are not limited to:

  • 12-step facilitation
  • Anger management
  • Detoxification
  • Group therapy
  • Inpatient drug rehab
  • Long term drug rehab
  • Outpatient substance abuse counseling
  • Rational emotive behavioral therapy
  • Short term addiction treatment
  • Trauma therapy
  • Vocational rehabilitation services

Getting Help

It is recommended that you get in touch with any of these programs so that you can get help in overcoming your substance use disorder before it gets out of hand. Other sources of help include:

  • Delphi Health Group: (888)-276-6433
  • First Call: 816-361-5900
  • Heartland Center: 866-242-6670
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Missouri cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support