Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Montana

Montana enjoys a wide variety of mountain ranges and state parks that make it one of the greenest states in the country. Even so, there are many substances of abuse here that have been causing its residents to suffer in various ways.

Addiction in Montana

The state witnessed an increase of 547 percent in terms of the number of arrests involving drugs on its local highways between 2010 and 2015, for instance. At the same time, the ACLU - the American Civil Liberties Union - released a report showing that close to 90 percent of the state's inmates were in jail or prison for a drug related offense.

In 2010, a total of 7,744 people were enrolled in a drug rehab program in the state. Of this number, 68.5 percent were men while the remaining 31.5 percent were women - showing that more males struggle with substance use disorder than females.

Over the past few years, the rates of alcohol and drug abuse in Montana have also been shown to be among the highest across the country. Between 2005 and 2006, for instance, every age group in the state was reported to be struggling with substance use disorders.

Among these people, the following were the most commonly abused drugs:

  • Alcohol
  • Amphetamines
  • Illicit Drugs
  • Marijuana
  • Opioids
  • Prescription Drugs

Addiction Treatment in Montana

To counter the growing rates of substance abuse and addiction, the state allow the dispensation of naloxone for use in reversing the growing cases of opioid abuse and addiction by its residents. Additionally, Montana instituted the following prevention programs to deal with this crisis:

  • The Resolve Montana Educational Campaign
  • The Montana Rural Health Initiative
  • The Montana Meth Project
  • The Alliance for Youth
  • The Aim Higher Program

Today, the state also has several addiction treatment and rehabilitation programs. These programs are all designed to provide a wide variety of recovery services that can help you overcome your substance abuse in the state. Examples of these services include:

  • Support group meetings
  • Substance abuse education
  • Stress management
  • Specialized addiction treatment
  • Outpatient addiction treatment
  • Nutrition education
  • Medication-assisted treatment
  • Medically managed detox services to address and manage withdrawal symptoms
  • Life skills
  • Intervention services
  • Inpatient drug rehab
  • Individual counseling
  • Gender-specific therapy group meetings
  • Family therapy
  • Exercise
  • Dual diagnosis treatment for dealing with co-occurring medical and mental health disorders
  • Coping techniques
  • Complementary therapies
  • Behavioral therapies
  • Alumni services
  • Aftercare services
  • 12-step group meetings

Checking into one of these addiction recovery programs, you will be able to go through medically managed detox to ensure that you overcome your physical dependence. After that, you will be provided with additional therapy and counseling services either on an inpatient or outpatient basis. By so doing, the program can help you overcome your substance abuse and addiction.

Getting Help

The important thing is that you seek help with your addiction as soon as you have a drug or alcohol related problem. Other sources of support that might come in handy include:

  • Delphi Health Group: 888-464-3989
  • Montana DPHHS: 406-444-9656
  • SAMHSA: 1-800-662-4357
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Montana cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support