Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Nebraska

Nebraska has been struggling with various substances of abuse. If you live in this state and you start taking any of these substances, chances are that you will soon come to regret this initial decision. Read on to learn more;

Addiction in Nebraska

According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health - NSDUH - for 2015 and 2016, alcohol is among the most commonly abused substance in this state. It is followed by methamphetamine as the 2nd most commonly abused drug. The same report showed that meth was one of the major problem affecting the residents of this state. Other figures from the report include:

- Around 1.49 of the residents of Nebraska above the age of 18 reported abusing cocaine at one point or the other; this number is over 21,000 people

- More than 8.8 percent of the population of this state - about 123,000 people - above the age of 18 abused marijuana at least once in the month prior to the study

The Treatment Episode Data Set or TEDS also reported that more than 15,700 people checked into an addiction treatment program in this state in 2010 alone. Of this number, 72 percent were men while the remaining 28 percent were women.

The same data set reported that stimulants are the most commonly cited substances of abuse by people enrolling for such treatment programs. In particular, more than 30 percent of the total number of admissions into drug rehab in Nebraska were for stimulants. An additional 30 percent of the admissions were because of marijuana.

Other substances that are commonly abused in this state include:

  • Alcohol
  • Amphetamines
  • Cocaine
  • Marijuana
  • Methamphetamines
  • Prescription Drugs

The Metro Drug Task Force for Nebraska also reports that ice meth from Mexico is one of the major drug problems in the state. This is particularly true because of the large availability and relatively affordability of this substance.

That said, any drug of abuse can be quite dangerous. For instance, these substances were responsible for 92 fatalities in Nebraska in 2007 alone. Even with these figures, drug traffickers in the state continue selling substances like meth, cocaine, and marijuana all across Nebraska.

Addiction Treatment in Nebraska

To counter these problems, there are several addiction treatment and rehabilitation programs in Nebraska. The state has also put some laws and programs in place to prevent people from abusing drugs, including:

  • Doctors have a 7 day limit on the prescriptions that they write for an opioid medication for any resident below the age of 19
  • There are pharmacy procedural changes in place that require photo IDs from every patient who wants to get an opioid prescription filled out
  • Physicians are legally required to advise their patients before they write a prescription for an opioid drug
  • The government has restricted the sale of the main ingredient used to produce methamphetamine, a drug known as pseudoephedrine

The production of meth in Nebraska has also gone down. In 2005, for instance, state police shut down a total of 252 meth production labs. Some 10 years later in 2016, only 3 such labs were found in the state.

Additionally, there are more than 131 addiction treatment programs in Nebraska. These programs provide a wide variety of services that can help you overcome your substance use disorder, including:

  • Behavior therapy
  • Cognitive therapy
  • Dialectical behavior therapy
  • Inpatient drug and alcohol rehab
  • Long term treatment
  • Outpatient day treatment
  • Outpatient detoxification
  • Short term drug and alcohol rehab
  • Substance abuse counseling
  • Trauma therapy
  • Vocational rehabilitation services

Apart from these services, there are also helplines that you can call in Nebraska if you have a drug related emergency or just need advice about the steps you should take:

  • National Drug Helpline: 1-866-236-1651
  • Delphi Health Group: (888)-459-5511
  • 2-1-1: 1 (866) 813-1731 or 211
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Nebraska cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support