Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Nevada

Nevada is one of the best places to live in the United States. It boasts a wide variety of attractions including the Mojave Desert, the Sierra Nevada Mountains, and the expansive Lake Tahoe. However, many people are not able to enjoy these attractions because of their continuing substance abuse and addiction.

Addiction in Nevada

Between 2010 and 2015, the state of Nevada reported that it lost more than 2752 lives. In fact, the drug overdose fatalities in this state are so many that it was ranked 4th in the United States.

Other figures show that a total of 9,909 people enrolled for addiction treatment in Nevada as a result of abusing addictive substances. Of these people, 66 percent were men while the remaining 34 percent were women.

Another study reported that more than 9 percent of the entire population of Nevada have abused addictive substances at one point or the other. The same study showed that stimulants were responsible for the greatest number of admissions into a rehab program in the state.

Consider the following additional statistics showing the drug and alcohol abuse problem in Nevada. Between 2007 and 2008, Nevada was among the top 10 states in the entire nation with regards to the following substances of abuse:

  • The use of pain relief drugs for a non-medical reason within the past year by people aged between 18 and 25
  • The use of pain relief drugs for a non-medical reason within the past year by people aged 12 years and above
  • Illicit substance abuse within the past month by people aged 12 years and above

The National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services also reported that the total number of facilities providing addiction treatment and rehabilitation services in this state have remained consistent from 2002 to 2006. That said, the following are the most commonly available substances of abuse in Nevada:

  • Stimulants
  • Prescription Drugs
  • Other Illicit Drugs
  • Opioids
  • Marijuana
  • Heroin
  • Cocaine
  • Amphetamines
  • Alcohol

The following year in 2007, Nevada lost a total of 515 lives to a drug involved and instigated incident. Although meth is the most significant drug threat, others continue causing problems for its residents. These include substances like Vicodin, OxyContin, Xanax, heroin, and marijuana.

Addiction Treatment in Nevada

The state of Nevada has various addiction prevention and outreach programs. Most of these programs are aimed at dealing with substance abuse crisis that is facing so many of its residents. These programs include:

  • The State Division of Public and Behavioral Health
  • The State Department of Health and Human Services
  • The Las Vegas Office of Alcoholics Anonymous
  • Syringe Access Bill
  • Prescription monitoring programs

Apart from these programs, there are addiction treatment services available in this state. Examples of these services include:

  • The matrix model
  • Substance abuse counseling
  • Short term rehab
  • Outpatient counseling
  • Long term drug treatment
  • Inpatient drug and alcohol rehab
  • Individual psychotherapy
  • Group therapy
  • Family therapy
  • Detoxification
  • Couples therapy
  • Cognitive therapy
  • Behavior therapy

Getting Help

If you are struggling with a drug or alcohol related problem, you should get these services as soon as possible. You can also call any of the following helplines in Nevada in case of an emergency or if you need advice about your addiction:

  • Nevada 2-1-1: 2-1-1
  • JTNN Substance Abuse Helpline: 800-450-9530
  • Delphi Behavioral Health Group: (888)-459-5511
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Nevada cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support