Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in North Dakota

North Dakota has many beautiful and amazing opportunities to offer to both residents and visitors alike. However, there are also several types of addictive substances available in this state that have been causing issues.

Addiction in North Dakota

In 2010, the Treatment Episode Data Set reported that 2,478 people were enrolled in an addiction recovery program in this state for abusing both drugs and alcohol. Of this number, 61.5 percent were male while the remaining 38.5 percent were female.

Today, the following are the most common substances of abuse that are available in North Dakota:

  • Alcohol
  • Marijuana
  • Amphetamine

In 2007, the state lost 37 lives as a result of substance abuse and addiction. The same year, it lost 115 lives to a motor car accident while another 57 people lost their lives in a firearm related incident.

Alcohol abuse, in particular, is one of the most recurring themes in North Dakota. A report by CBS News showed that more than 30 percent of the residents of the state engaged in a binge drinking episode at least once in a month.

In 2015, a report released by the government showed that there was a decline in the total rates of prescription substance abuse. In particular, these rates reduced from 6.5 percent in 2011 to 4.9 percent in 2015.

However, many people in the state continue struggling with the abuse of prescription medications. This could be, in part, due to the increasing availability of strong prescriptions in North Dakota.

Addiction Treatment in North Dakota

There are several addiction treatment and rehabilitation programs in this state that offer a wide variety of recovery services. These programs can help you deal with your addiction and overcome it. They do so through the provision of the following treatment and recovery services:

  • 12-step group alternatives
  • 12-step group meetings
  • Addiction education
  • Addiction sponsors
  • Addiction treatment therapies
  • Alcohol and drug detox
  • Cognitive behavioral therapy
  • Complementary therapies
  • Coping mechanisms
  • Dialectical behavior therapy
  • Dual-diagnosis treatment for co-occurring addictions and mental health disorders
  • Faith-based programs
  • Family counseling
  • Gender-specific treatment
  • Group counseling meetings
  • Holistic healing
  • Individual counseling
  • Inpatient drug rehab
  • Medication-assisted treatment
  • Outpatient addiction treatment
  • Outpatient support group meetings
  • Specialized addiction treatment
  • Spiritual addiction treatment
  • Stress management

Checking into an addiction treatment program could be the only way that you could save your life from substance abuse and the many problems that it causes. It is for this reason that you should seek help from one of these programs once you realize that you have a drug or alcohol related problem.

You can also get help by calling any of the following hotlines in North Dakota. These hotlines can offer you advice or assistance if you find yourself encountering a substance related emergency. They include:

  • Addition Referral Helpline: 1-800-472-291
  • Alcohol Addiction Sobriety: (800) 807-6150
  • Delphi Health Group Drug Recovery: (888)-276-3495
  • Department of Health Services: (800) 472-2622ND or (800)-366-6888
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following North Dakota cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support