Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Pennsylvania

Like the rest of the United States, Pennsylvania has seen an increase in the rates of substance abuse and addiction among its residents. These problems are so prevalent that it was ranked in the 10th position across the country for these issues.

Addiction in Pennsylvania

Research studies have reported that at least 25 percent of all the families in this state have at least one person who is struggling with a substance use disorder involving drugs and alcohol.

The state has also been struggling with high rates of opioid abuse and addiction. This is most clearly seen in the rising numbers of drug overdose deaths reported in Pennsylvania.

In 2017, the state had the highest rates of substance overdose across the United States. These rates rose by 43.4 percent from 2016 to 2017. Other figures from 2016 showed that the state suffered:

  • Detection of opioids in more than 85% of the total number of overdose deaths reported in the state
  • 36.5 deaths for every segment of 100,000 as a result of a drug overdose
  • 2235 overdose deaths due to an opioid use disorder
  • 13 deaths every day due to a drug overdose

Other figures show that more 57,300 people checked into an addiction treatment program in Pennsylvania in 2010. Of these people, 68.6 percent were male while the remaining 31.4 percent were female.

The same year, Pennsylvania had more than 530 facilities that were offering professional addiction treatment and rehabilitation services. This high number shows that drug and alcohol abuse and endemic problems in this state.

According to the Department of Transportation, Pennsylvania suffered 3,306 traffic accidents involving alcohol and drugs in 2012. More than 126 of these accidents turned out to be fatal.

But what are the most common substances of abuse in the state? Consider the following list:

  • Prescription Drugs
  • Marijuana
  • Heroin
  • Cocaine
  • Alcohol

According to the Department of Criminal Justice, Pennsylvania was ranked in the 14th place across the United States with regards to the fatalities arising from substance abuse and addiction.

Additionally, the local Department of Public Welfare reported that more than 23 percent of the incidents of child neglect and abuse in Pennsylvania were as a result of ongoing drug and alcohol abuse.

Addiction Treatment in Pennsylvania

To counter these problems, the state has various plans and programs in place. These include:

  • Warm Hands-Off initiative
  • Take back program for medical and prescription drugs
  • Increased availability of Naloxone
  • David's Law

Additionally, there are several addiction treatment and rehabilitation programs in Pennsylvania. These programs can provide you with the following recovery services to aid in your abstinence from drugs and alcohol:

  • Relapse prevention
  • Outpatient care
  • Intervention
  • Inpatient treatment
  • Detox
  • Behavioral therapies
  • Aftercare services

If you suspect that you have a substance use disorder involving drugs and alcohol, it is recommended that you seek help from any of these addiction treatment programs so that you can turn your life around. You can also get help by calling the following hotlines in case of a drug related incident or emergency:

  • Substance Abuse Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or 1-800-487-4889 (TTY)
  • PA Get Help Now: 1-800-662-HELP
  • PA Free Quitline: 1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-8669)
  • Delphi Health Group Drug Recovery: (888)-276-3495
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Pennsylvania cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support