Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Rhode Island

Substance abuse and addiction are common and recurring themes in Rhode Island. This is true especially when you consider the fact that the state was ranked 8th with regards to the levels of drug and alcohol abuse among its residents.

Addiction in Rhode Island

The state has, to this end, some of the highest rates of addiction in the United States. This is due to the fact that it has high numbers of drug overdose deaths being reported by its residents.

From 2009 to 2016, drug related deaths increased in this state. This was to such an extent that they were responsible for a greater loss of life than homicide, motor car accidents, and suicides combined.

The drug problem is so severe that the local Medical Society reported that it was highly likely that overdose deaths would continue rising for several years unless positive steps were taken against it.

Luckily, more than 10,000 people checked into a drug rehabilitation program in Rhode Island in 2010 according to SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration). Of this number, 70.3 percent were male while the remaining 29.7 percent were female.

Unfortunately, the state is ranked highly in a couple of drug abuse categories. For instance, the ONDCP - the Office of National Drug Control Policy - reported that Rhode Island is among the top 5 American states in terms of drug taking. The same report showed that the following are the most common substances of abuse in this state:

  • Prescription Drugs
  • Marijuana
  • Heroin
  • Cocaine
  • Alcohol

In 2007, the state also lost a total of 142 lives as a direct result of substance abuse. The local Department of Justice also reports that drugs like cocaine are commonly associated with the rising numbers of violent crimes that happen here.

Other figures reported that Rhode Island suffering the following in 2016:

  • 25 lives lost due to a heroin drug overdose
  • 182 lives lost due to a synthetic opioid overdose
  • 114 lost lives due to a prescription opioid drug overdose

Addiction Treatment in Rhode Island

Today, the state has several addiction prevention programs in place. These programs are designed to help residents so that they do not start abusing drugs or drinking alcohol. They include:

  • The Council of Behavioral Health
  • The Rhode Island Naloxone Program
  • The Rhode Island Overdose Prevention Education Program
  • The Student Assistance Services of Rhode Island

There are also several addiction treatment programs in this state. These programs offer the following services which could prove useful if you are looking to overcome your substance abuse and addiction:

  • Trauma-related counseling
  • Short term treatment
  • Relapse prevention
  • Rational emotive behavioral therapy
  • Outpatient hospitalization
  • Long term addiction treatment
  • Inpatient drug abuse treatment
  • Group therapy
  • Detoxification
  • Behavior modification
  • Anger management

You can also get help by calling any of the following hotlines in Rhode Island if you have a drug related question, you need advice, or you have encountered a substance related emergency:

  • Teen Challenge Rhode Island Hopeline: 1-855-404-HOPE
  • Rhode Island Smoker Helpline: 1-800-QUIT-NOW
  • Hope and Recovery Support Line: 401-942-STOP or 401-942-7867
  • Delphi Health Group Drug Recovery: (888)-671-9597
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Rhode Island cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support