Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in South Carolina

Although South Carolina enjoys a rich history and beautiful diversity, many people here abuse drugs and drink alcohol on a regular basis. If you have been doing so, there is a high risk that you could become addiction.

Addiction in South Carolina

In 2010, more than 27,000 people received addiction treatment services in the state. Of these people, 68.3 percent were male while the remaining 31.7 percent were male - showing that males struggle with substance use disorders at high rates than females.

In 2006, it was reported that South Carolina had hundreds of facilities offering these treatment services. Even so, more than 7 percent of the total population of the state had used an illicit drug according to a NSDUH - National Survey on Drug Use and Health.

The same survey also showed that over 3 percent of the population of the state abused illicit substances other than cannabis or marijuana the month before the report was released.

In 2010, other figures reported that marijuana is the most common substance of abuse cited by people checking into an addiction recovery program in the state. This drug even surpasses other substances like meth and prescription medications. Other commonly abused drugs include:

  • Prescription Drugs
  • Methamphetamines
  • Marijuana
  • Cocaine
  • Alcohol

In 2007, South Carolina lost a total of 584 lives as a direct result of substance abuse. The state also experienced an increase of more than 200 percent in the number of methamphetamine labs that were seized - rising from 26 seizures in 2007 to 86 by 2009.

In 2006, it was also reported that:

  • More than 70 percent of the drug overdoses reported in South Carolina were linked to opioids
  • More than 100 lives were lost as a result of heroin abuse
  • 4 newborns for every 1,000 in South Carolina displayed neonatal abstinence syndrome
  • 14 people for every 100,000 in the state received naloxone to prevent them from suffering further as a result of a drug overdose
  • 14 people for every 100,000 in the state received hospital services for suffering an opioid overdose
  • 11,721 people were diagnosed with an opioid use disorder

Addiction Treatment in South Carolina

Today, the state of South Carolina has been trying to reduce the drug abuse problem affecting its residents. It has put the following programs in place to deal with addiction:

  • Overdose prevention project
  • Limited opioid prescriptions
  • Increased availability of naloxone

There are also several drug rehab programs in this state. These programs are designed to help people who are struggling with a substance use disorder, or a co-occurring mental health or medical disorder.

While enrolled in one of these programs, you can expect to receive a combination of the following recovery services:

  • Trauma-related counseling
  • Substance abuse counseling
  • Short term drug rehab
  • Relapse prevention
  • Outpatient hospitalization
  • Motivational interviewing
  • Long term rehab
  • Inpatient rehab
  • Inpatient detoxification
  • Cognitive behavioral therapy
  • Anger management
  • Aftercare programming and planning
  • Addiction education

You can also get help and advice if you have a drug related problem or emergency in South Carolina by calling any of the following hotlines: ..

  • SC Tobacco Quitline: 1-800-QUIT-NOW or 1-800-784-8669
  • Delphi Health Group Drug Recovery: (888)-671-9597
  • DAODAS Helpline: 803-896-555
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following South Carolina cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support