Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in South Dakota

The substance abuse and addiction crisis sweeping across the United States has not spared South Dakota. In particular, however, it seems that most of these problems are linked to meth and heroin.

Addiction in South Dakota

28 meth labs and 31 pounds of this substance were seized and destroyed by police in the state in 2015. Similarly, more than 2,000 people were arrested as a result of this substance of abuse.

In 2010, a total of 14,615 people received addiction recovery services in South Dakota. Among these people, 72.1 percent were male while the remaining 27.9 percent were female. The state has also been ranked highly with respect to the rates of drug and alcohol abuse in 2006. In particular, the following are the most common substances of abuse in the state:

  • Stimulants
  • Other Opiates
  • Methamphetamine
  • Marijuana
  • Amphetamines
  • Alcohol

Consider the following addiction figures relating to the rates of substance abuse in the state:

  • In 2006, the state made 85 arrests related to drugs
  • Between 2002 and 2003, a total of 16 meth labs were seized in South Dakota by the DEA Drug Enforcement Administration
  • A total of 34 lives were lost in 2007 due to substance use

Addiction Treatment in South Dakota

For several years now, South Dakota has been putting various programs in place to reduce the rates of drug and alcohol abuse among its residents. Examples of these programs include:

  • Meth Changes Everything
  • Regulation of the prescriptions written for opioid pain relief drugs

The state also has a couple of addiction treatment and rehabilitation programs. These programs offer a wide variety of recovery services that can help you overcome your addiction. These services include:

  • Trauma-related counseling
  • Short term drug addiction treatment
  • Relapse prevention
  • Long term drug rehab
  • Intensive outpatient treatment
  • Inpatient drug rehab
  • Inpatient detox
  • Family therapy
  • Dual diagnosis drug rehab
  • Dialectical behavior therapy
  • Couples therapy
  • Activity therapy

In many cases, these services will be tailored in such a way that they can meet your particular needs and preferences for recovery. For instance, you may receive an initial treatment of medically managed detox. This service is useful because it will manage your physical dependence as well as deal with all the withdrawal symptoms and cravings that you suffer during your treatment program.

After that, the rehab program will advise that you receive either inpatient or outpatient treatment. The choice will largely depend on the severity, extent, and duration of your substance abuse and addiction.

Getting Help

Apart from the above recovery programs and services, you can also get help with any drug or alcohol related problem, question, or emergency in South Dakota by calling the following hotlines:

  • South Dakota Division of Behavioral Health: 605-367-5236
  • Drug-Free South Dakota: 800-420-9064
  • Delphi Behavioral Health Group: (888)-671-9597
  • City and County Alcohol and Drug Programs (CCADP): 605-394-6128
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following South Dakota cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support