Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Tennessee

Studies have shown that the rates of substance abuse and addiction in Tennessee are quite high. In fact, over 75 percent of all the crimes that are reported in this state are related to drugs and alcohol.

Addiction in Tennessee

There has been a simultaneous increase in the total number of opioid medications that are prescribed in Tennessee. This has helped fueled the ongoing opioid epidemic being seen in the state as well as across the entire nation.

In fact, Tennessee was ranked at the 2nd position in terms of the rates of prescriptions of these medications. This is a dangerous trend especially when you consider just how dangerous these substances can be.

In 2014, they were responsible for a total loss of more than 1,200 lives among the residents of the state. This number did not account for the people who lost their lives due to abusing opioids with other addictive substances.

Alcohol has also been problematic for many people here. In fact, it is one of the most commonly abused drug in Tennessee - as well as in the rest of the United States. This is not entirely surprising considering that it is widely available, affordable, and socially accepted.

Today, it is estimated that over 9 percent of all the teens in the state aged from 12 to 17 years abuse alcohol regularly. This number equals over 50,000 young people with their lives ahead of them.

In 2010, the state reported that more than 11,000 people were admitted into an addiction recovery program. Of this number, 67 percent were male while the remaining 33 percent were female.

According to the National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services, there were 195 programs offering addiction treatment services in Tennessee in 2006. Of this number, 147 were classified as non-profit drug rehabs while 35 were private drug rehabs.

That said, the following are the most common substances of abuse in Tennessee:

  • Alcohol
  • Cocaine
  • Marijuana
  • Prescription Drugs

There are so many of these substances available in the state that more than 1,000 people lost their lives as a result of drug abuse in 2007 alone. This goes to show just how serious the addiction problem has been affecting local residents.

Addiction Treatment in Tennessee

Today, there are several programs designed to help reduce and prevent the drug abuse and addiction crisis from spreading even further. Examples of these programs include:

  • Treatment for drug addiction and poor mental health
  • Reduced availability of prescriptions for opioid medications
  • Healthy People 2020

The state also has a number of drug rehab programs in place. In one of these programs, you can expect to receive the following recovery services to reduce and eliminate your substance abuse and addiction:

  • Short term drug and alcohol rehab
  • Relapse prevention
  • Outpatient day treatment
  • Long term drug rehab
  • Inpatient drug and alcohol rehab
  • Inpatient detoxification
  • Group therapy
  • Cognitive behavioral therapy
  • Behavior modification
  • Anger management

You can also get help with your addiction by calling any of the following hotlines in Tennessee:

  • TN Statewide Crisis Line: 855-CRISIS-1 (855-274-7471)
  • Tennessee Association of Alcohol, Drug and Other Addiction Services: 1 (800) 889-9789 TDMHSAS Helpline: (800) 560-5767
  • Delphi Health Group: (888)-671-9597
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Tennessee cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support