Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Texas

Addiction is a common theme in Texas - as in the rest of the United States. In particular, however, it seems that methamphetamine is one of the most common substances of abuse that is causing this problem among local residents.

Addiction in Texas

According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (or SAMHSA), over 35,000 people were in an addiction treatment program in Texas that was publicly funded.

Many of these people were in rehab for abusing opioid drugs and becoming addicted to it. This is not entirely surprising because opioids are the 2nd most common substances of abuse in the state.

Other studies from 2013 showed that the people who were in a drug rehab reported abusing the following substances:

  • Opioids: 24 percent
  • Methamphetamines: 13 percent
  • Marijuana: 23 percent
  • Cocaine: 11 percent
  • Alcohol: 28 percent

Today, Texas has more than 450 facilities offering recovery services to local residents. In 2014, more than 39,000 people were enrolled in these facilities for help in overcoming their substance use disorders. Of this number, 59.4 percent were male while the remaining 40.6 percent were female.

In 2010, the Non-Index Crimes reported that 14,639 arrests were made in Texas for a drug related crime. Law enforcement officials apprehended an additional 125,974 people for possessing illegal drugs. Other studies reported that:

  • The DEA the Drug Enforcement Agency - made more than 2,800 arrests in Texas
  • Over 433,000 local residents reported in 2006 that they had abused cocaine
  • More than 575,000 pounds of marijuana were seized in the state in 2008
  • In 2018, Texas made more than 144,000 arrests for the sale, manufacture, and possession of illicit drugs
  • In 2013, more than 99,000 arrests were made for a DUI or DWI charge
  • In 2013, drunk driving accidents claimed 1,337 lives in the state
  • In 2009, there were 58 drug courts in Texas
  • In 2009, a total of 2343 lives were lost to drugs in Texas
  • In 2009, a total of 155 meth labs were seized
  • In 2007, a total of 93 meth labs were seized in this state
  • In 2006, more than 708 of the deaths reported in Texas involved cocaine
  • Drug overdose is now the 3rd leading cause of death in Texas

Addiction Treatment in Texas

If you have been abusing drugs in this state, there are 547 drug rehab programs that can help you stop doing so. These programs offer the following recovery services:

  • Vocational rehabilitation
  • Trauma therapy
  • Short term addiction treatment
  • Matrix model
  • Long term treatment
  • Intensive outpatient treatment
  • Inpatient drug and alcohol rehab
  • Family therapy
  • Detoxification
  • Couples therapy
  • Cognitive behavioral therapy
  • Anger management

You can also get help with any drug related question, problem, or emergency that you may encounter in Texas by calling the following hotlines:

  • Tropical Texas Behavioral Health (TTBH): 1-877-289-7199 or 800-735-9289 (TTY).
  • The Center for Health Care Services: 210-223-7233 or 800-316-9241
  • Texas Substance Abuse Treatment Helpline: (866) 971-2658
  • StarCare Specialty Health System: (806) 740-1414 or (800) 687-7581
  • PermiaCare: 1-844-420-3964
  • North Texas Behavioral Health Authority: 1-866-260-8000
  • Emergence Health Network (EHN): 915-779-1800 or 1-877-562-6467
  • Delphi Health Group: (888)-671-9597
  • Bluebonnet Trails Community Services: 1-800-841-1255 or 1-844-309-6385
  • Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council of Deep East Texas: (936) 634-5753 or (800) 445-8562 or 1-800-392-8343
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Texas cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support