Nationwide Treatment Helpline - 1-877-872-0540

Our 24-hour nationwide treatment helpline provides treatment options and referrals as well as information to families and individuals dealing with substance abuse and/or mental health disorders.

Our referral service only provides information on licensed treatment facilities, as well as therapy groups and one on one counseling. Many people suffer from addiction. You don't have to be one. Call Now.


Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Utah

Utah has one of the highest rates of substance abuse and addiction in the United States. It is also consistently ranked top 10th among the states that have high rates of drug overdose deaths involving prescription drugs.

According to the Treatment Episode Data Set for 2010, however, more than 14,000 of its local residents were enrolled in a drug rehab program. Of this number, 70 percent were male while the remaining 30 percent were female.

The National Survey on Drug Use and Health has also reported that the state has a great deal of drug rehabilitation programs. These programs have been increasing for several years now.

Even so, most of the admissions into these programs mention heroin, alcohol, and marijuana. However, meth is the most commonly mentioned substance of abuse by people checking into a drug rehab in Utah.

The state saw a 56 percent increase in 2006 in the total number of people who entered drug rehab for abusing alcohol. This was an increase from 20 percent in 1992. During the same period, admissions for drug related problems rose from 9 to 46 percent.

That said, the following are the most common substances of abuse in Utah:

  • Stimulants
  • Prescription Drugs
  • Marijuana
  • Heroin
  • Amphetamines
  • Alcohol

Marijuana is common grown in Utah. It is so widely available that you can find it in public spaces across the state. This is compounded by the fact that drug trafficking is a common activity by local residents.

To this end, it is not entirely surprising that Utah lost 546 lives in 2007. It was also ranked in the 7th position within the United States for the rates of prescription drug abuse and addiction.

Since 2000, there has been an increase of 400 percent in the rates of deaths arising from the abuse of these prescription medications for a non-medical reason. This could be because many of the residents of Utah are Mormons and they believe in the use of prescription medications.

Addiction Treatment in Utah

The state has several programs in place designed to reduce and prevent the addiction crisis from getting out of hand. These programs include:

  • Increased availability of naloxone
  • Good Samaritan laws

There are also many drug and alcohol treatment and rehabilitation programs in Utah. These programs offer various services that can help you overcome your substance use disorder and manage any co-occurring medical or mental health disorder. These services include:

  • Substance abuse counseling
  • Short term treatment
  • Relapse prevention
  • Outpatient individual counseling
  • Motivational incentive
  • Long term addiction treatment
  • Inpatient drug rehab
  • Inpatient detoxification
  • Contingency management
  • Cognitive behavioral therapy
  • Anger management
  • 12-step facilitation

You can also get help with your substance abuse and addiction in Utah by calling any of the following hotlines for a drug related question, advice, or emergency assistance:

  • USARA: (385) 210-0320
  • Substance Abuse and Mental Health Helpline: (800) 662-4357
  • NAMI Helpline: 1-800-950-(6264)
  • Department of Human Services: 1-800-273-8255
  • Delphi Health Group: (888)-448-1432
Questions? Need help?

If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.

Send Help Request 100% Free and Confidential

Find Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers in or around the following Utah cities:

Top Cities For Recovery:

Call our Drug Rehab Help Line

Drug and Alcohol Help-Line


100% Free and Confidential

Organizations We Support