Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Washington
Today, addiction to drugs and alcohol are common themes in Washington as in the rest of the United States. These substances often cause many problems that can only be addressed through professional treatment.
Addiction in Washington
According to SAMHSA - the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - a total of 38,086 checked into an addiction treatment program in the state in 2010. Among these people, 63 percent were male while the remaining 37 percent were female.
Washington was also ranked top 10 for various drug abuse categories between 2007 and 2008. These include but are not limited to:
- The rates of substance abuse by people aged 12 years and above
- The rates of illicit drug use within the month before the survey
- The abuse of pain relief drugs for a non-medical reason within the past year before the survey
- The abuse of marijuana within the month before the survey
Other studies show that marijuana is among the most common substances of abuse available in Washington. It is also commonly cited by people who are joining a drug rehab program in the state. Other substances of abuse include:
- Prescription Drugs
Further, drugs and alcohol were responsible for more than 1,000 deaths reported in the state. During the same time, these substances caused death at rates of 15.5 fatalities for every segment of 100,000 people. In particular, meth and opioids are commonly abused in the state.
Addiction Treatment in Washington
It is for this reason that Washington has several drug addiction awareness and prevention campaigns in place designed to prevent these problems. Some of the prevention programs that have been put in place in Washington include:
- The Project AWARE Grant
- Syringe Exchange Programs
- Community Prevention and Wellness Initiative
Further, Washington boasts a wide variety of addiction treatment programs. These 497 programs offer the following recovery services that can help you overcome your substance use disorder and manage your other co-occurring medical and mental health disorders:
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Short term drug and alcohol rehab
- Outpatient day treatment
- Long term rehab
- Inpatient detox
- Inpatient addiction treatment
- Family therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Couples therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Behavioral therapy
- Behavior modification
- Activity therapy
Apart from these services, there are also a couple of helplines in Washington that you can call in case you have a drug related question, emergency, or any other problem that needs to be resolved:
- Washington Recovery Helpline: 206-461-3219
- Delphi Health Group: (888)-448-1432
- Alcohol and Drug Helpline: 1-206-722-3700
Questions? Need help?
If you or a loved one needs help for substance abuse or addiction, fill out the form below and a counselor will respond shortly.